GomSpace is looking to expand the Propulsion team in Uppsala, Sweden, with a Senior Propulsion Systems Engineer. You will have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional propulsion solutions for nanosatellites to customers on the global market. Our heritage is cold gas propulsion solutions and now we are adding other technologies, mainly electric propulsion, to our suite of propulsion so... Visa mer
GomSpace is looking to expand the Propulsion team in Uppsala, Sweden, with a Senior Propulsion Systems Engineer. You will have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional propulsion solutions for nanosatellites to customers on the global market. Our heritage is cold gas propulsion solutions and now we are adding other technologies, mainly electric propulsion, to our suite of propulsion solutions.
If you find yourself excited about CubeSat technology, building real space systems and being a technical anchor point for the propulsion system design and integration into nanosatellite systems, then you should apply for this position.
The role includes the following tasks:
· Lead the design and development of propulsion system architecture and technical solutions from initial requirements to qualified products
· Lead the development of novel micro-thruster concepts from initial requirements to qualified components
· Lead the development towards improved technical quality of technical solutions and complete products
· Define verification plans and maintain verification progress overviews and documentation
· Participate in propulsion system integration and testing in a clean room environment, including preparation/verification of test setups
· Be a technical contact point between different disciplines involved in propulsion system development: mechanics, performance analysis, software, electronics, manufacturing
· Prepare documentation according to applied space engineering standards
We expect the employee to have several or all of the following qualifications:
· Relevant technical education to at least a master’s degree
· A strong understanding of the underlying physics of micro-thruster technologies
· A strong understanding of thermal and fluidic behaviour of cold gas propulsion systems
· Experience and understanding of in-space propulsion system requirements, development, verification and product qualification activities
· Work experience (10+ years preferred) in space propulsion systems development
· Practical experience from work in a cleanroom environment
· Fluent in English on a professional level
· Quality awareness – understanding the importance of following processes and documenting your work
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
· Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
· Thermal/fluidic analysis tools
· Mission analysis calculations (Delta-V budgets, leakage budgets, power budgets, etc.)
· Technical project management
· Any experience in electronics, especially the ability to read and understand PCB schematics, is a big plus
· Any experience in software, especially the ability to read and understand C code, is a big plus
GomSpace Sweden offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills, and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organisation built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
If you, additionally, enjoy working in a multicultural and diverse team with an open and welcoming culture that promotes knowledge-sharing, quality-oriented design thinking and mentoring of your colleagues, then you will definitely enjoy working at GomSpace!
Sign Up for Our Mission:
Apply for the job on www.gomspace.com. You are welcome to send your application in either Swedish or English. Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis.
If you have any questions with regard to the position do not hesitate to contact the technical manager at GomSpace Sweden, Sakari Teerikoski, on [email protected]
The workplace is at our facilities at Ulls Väg 29A, Uppsala, Sweden. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that we will not accept applications and resumes via e-mail or by personal appearance. This is to protect and show consideration for your personal information. Apply for the job by following the link above. Visa mindre